Stanford University is committed to ensuring its facilities, programs and services are accessible to everyone. Please take a moment to review the available accommodations and resources below.
A variety of resources are available for students and guests with special needs during Commencement Weekend including:
- Temporary Disability Parking Permit
- Sign Language & Captioning Services
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Braille & Large Print Material
Please visit the Diversity & Access website for lists of vendors providing the following:
Students should contact the Diversity & Access Office directly:
Call (650) 725-0326 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a state-issued disability parking placard or plate, you do not need to request a temporary permit and may park in any of the following spaces on campus:
- Designated blue disability parking
- Service vehicle spaces (posted time limit may apply)
- Commuter (“A” or “C”) and residential permit spaces
- Metered spaces (visitor spaces may require payment and will be posted)
Temporary disability parking permits issued by the Diversity & Access office are:
- ONLY valid in designated lots for Baccalaureate and Commencement
- NOT valid in any disabled parking spaces on campus
Please note that the university restricts pets and emotional support animals from public spaces on campus, with the exception of service animals that are specifically trained to perform a service and/or task for an individual with a disability. Restricted areas include dining areas, athletic venues, performance spaces, etc.
If you have questions, need additional information or to report a concern regarding accessibility, please contact the Diversity & Access Office.