The 129th Stanford Commencement is fast approaching and we look forward to your participation in this very special weekend for the Stanford community, graduating students, their families, and friends. Please take a moment to review important faculty instructions and scheduling information regarding the weekend's festivities.
Confirm Your Participation
To ensure your processional arrangements and stage seating are confirmed, it is important to RSVP no later than Monday, June 9 by 5:00 p.m.
The RSVP form will be posted winter quarter.
Saturday, June 13
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. - Baccalaureate
- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. - President's Reception (RSVP to volunteer at the reception)
Sunday, June 14
- 8:45 a.m. - Faculty to meet at Sunken Diamond (light refreshments available)
- 9:20 a.m. - Faculty processional lineup begins
- 9:30 a.m. - The senior class procession into the Stadium begins
- 10:15 a.m. - The Commencement ceremony begins
- 11:30 a.m. - The Commencement ceremony concludes and faculty recession out of the stadium begins
- 12:30 p.m. - Departmental diploma ceremonies begin (various times and locations across campus)
Schedule subject to change.
When to arrive: No later than 9:00 a.m.
Where to go: Sunken Diamond near Chuck Taylor Grove across from the stadium.
What to bring: A current Stanford ID and academic attire (worn).
Where to park: Due to road closures and heavy traffic at the end of the ceremony, you may consider parking further away and walking to the stadium.
What to do: Faculty marshals will provide instructions regarding the procession and stage seating when you arrive.
Academic Attire Orders
Academic attire is required for all faculty processing in the main Commencement ceremony.
- Monday, March 2: Online ordering with the Stanford Bookstore begins
- Monday, April 27: Online ordering ends
- Wednesday, April 29: Deadline to order custom regalia
- Monday, June 1: Online orders available to pick up at the Stanford Bookstore, Lower Level
- Wednesday, June 3: Open stock available
Custom Stanford regalia bearing school crests and colors reflecting areas of study are available to purchase.
Should you have questions regarding your order, please contact the Stanford Bookstore: (650) 329-1217 ext. 8329 or WebOrders@bookstore.stanford.org