The 127th Stanford Commencement is fast approaching and we look forward to your participation in this very special weekend for the Stanford community, graduating students, their families, and friends. Please take a moment to review important faculty instructions and scheduling information regarding the weekend's festivities.
Confirm Your Participation
It is important to RSVP to ensure your processional arrangements and stage seating no later than June 8 by 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 16
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. - Baccalaureate
- 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. - President's Reception (RSVP to volunteer at the reception using the form above)
Sunday, June 17
- 8:45 a.m. - Faculty to meet at Sunken Diamond (light refreshments available)
- 9:30 a.m. - The Commencement procession into the Stadium begins
- 10:00 a.m. - The Commencement ceremony begins
- 11:30 a.m. - The Commencement ceremony concludes
- 12:30 p.m. - Departmental diploma ceremonies begin (various times and locations across campus)
Where to go: Sunken Diamond near Chuck Taylor Grove across from the stadium.
When to arrive: No later than 8:45 a.m.
What to bring: A current Stanford ID and academic attire (worn).
What not to bring: Any bags or items that do not comply with the new Public Safety Clear Bag policy.
Where to park: Due to road closures and heavy traffic at the end of the ceremony, you may consider parking further away and walking to the stadium.
What to do: Faculty marshals will provide Instructions regarding the procession and stage seating when you arrive.
Academic Attire Orders
Academic attire is required for all faculty processing in the main Commencement ceremony.
- Monday, March 12: Online ordering with the Stanford Bookstore begins
- Friday, April 27: Deadline to order custom regalia
- Monday, April 30: Online ordering ends
- Friday, June 8: Online orders available to pick up at the Stanford Bookstore, Lower Level
- Sunday, June 10: Open stock available
Custom Stanford regalia bearing school crests and colors reflecting areas of study are also available to purchase.
Should you have questions regarding your online rental order or wish to purchase custom regalia, please contact the Stanford Bookstore: (650) 329-1217 ext. 8329 or WebOrders@bookstore.stanford.org