Faculty, Deans, and University Officers
The 127th Stanford Commencement is fast approaching and we look forward to your participation in this very special weekend for the Stanford community, graduating students, their families, and friends. Please take a moment to review important faculty instructions and scheduling information regarding the weekend's festivities.
Confirm your participation
The deadline to confirm your participation in Commencement Weekend 2018 is June 8, 2018 by 5:00 PM.
Weekend Highlights for Faculty
- Volunteer at the President's Reception
- Ensure your stage seating and processional arrangements for the Commencement ceremony
Order Academic Attire
Academic attire is required for all faculty processing in the ceremony.
- March 12, 2018: Online order opens
- April 27, 2018: Custom regalia order deadline -Contact the Stanford Bookstore for custom regalia purchases
- April 30, 2018: Online order deadline
- June 8, 2018: Online order distribution
Stanford Bookstore, Lower Level
- June 10, 2018: Open stock distribution
Questions about your order? Contact the Stanford Bookstore: (650) 329-1217 ext. 8329 or WebOrders@bookstore.stanford.org
Commencement Ceremony Timeline
Instructions regarding the processional and stage seating will be provided by the faculty marshals.
- 8:45 AM: Faculty to meet at Sunken Diamond near Chuck Taylor Grove wearing academic attire
- 9:30 AM: The Commencement procession into the Stadium begins
- 10:00 AM: The official Commencement ceremony begins
- 11:30 AM: The Commencement ceremony concludes
All faculty must present a current Stanford ID to participate.