Congratulations graduates! Before the big weekend, there are a few items to take care of. Review the checklist for important information and deadlines.
Only eligible candidates who filed an application to graduate in the current academic year with the University Registrar can participate in the Commencement ceremony. If your degree is not being conferred in June, you must complete a Commencement Walkthrough Petition to be considered for active participation in the Commencement and diploma ceremonies.
Candidates must also be attired in the appropriate cap, gown, and hood to participate. A current Stanford ID is required as a condition of entry into the stadium ceremonies. No one else is allowed in the procession or in the graduate seating area on the field. Any items brought into the Stadium must comply with the new Public Safety Clear Bag policy.
Things To Do: Commencement Checklist
Apply to Graduate
- Saturday, March 3: Spring Application to graduate available in Axess
- Friday, April 13 (5:00 p.m.): Application to graduate deadline
Applications received after deadline will be assessed a $50 late fee
- Wednesday, June 6 (5:00 p.m.): Late application to graduate deadline
No applications will be accepted after this date
Order Caps, Gowns & Graduation Announcements
- Monday, March 12: Online ordering with the Stanford Bookstore begins
- Monday, April 30: Online ordering ends
- Friday, June 8: Online orders available to pick up at the Stanford Bookstore, Lower Level
- Sunday, June 10: Open stock available
A cap and gown must be worn to process in the main Commencement ceremony and Baccalaureate.
Questions about your order? Contact the Stanford Bookstore: (650) 329-1217 ext. 8329 or WebOrders@bookstore.stanford.org
RSVP for Events
Read Ceremony Instructions
Review the instructions for participating in the weekend ceremonies, to be posted early Spring quarter.
And be sure to read the new Public Safety Clear Bag Policy that will be in place for the Commencement ceremony this year.