Congratulations graduates! Before the big weekend, there are a few items to take care of. Review the checklist for important information and deadlines.
Only eligible candidates who filed an application to graduate in the current academic year with the University Registrar can participate in the Commencement ceremony. If your degree is not being conferred in June, you must complete a Commencement Walkthrough Petition to be considered for active participation in the Commencement and diploma ceremonies.
Candidates must also be attired in the appropriate cap, gown, and hood to participate. A current Stanford ID is required as a condition of entry into the stadium ceremonies. No one else is allowed in the procession or in the graduate seating area on the field. Any items brought into the Stadium must comply with the new Public Safety Clear Bag policy.
Things To Do: Commencement Checklist
Apply to Graduate
- Saturday, March 2: Spring Application to graduate available in Axess
- Friday, April 12 (5:00 p.m.): Application to graduate deadline
Applications received after deadline will be assessed a $50 late fee
- Wednesday, June 5 (5:00 p.m.): Late application to graduate deadline
No applications will be accepted after this date
Order Caps, Gowns & Graduation Announcements
- Friday, June 7: Online orders available to pick up at the Stanford Bookstore, Lower Level
- Sunday, June 9: Open stock available
- Sunday, June 16 & Monday, June 17: Gown rental return at Stanford Bookstore
A cap and gown must be worn to process in the main Commencement ceremony and Baccalaureate.
If you missed the deadline to order your cap and gown online, open stock will be available at the Stanford Bookstore, Lower Level on Sunday, June 9.
Questions about your order? Contact the Stanford Bookstore: (650) 329-1217 ext. 8329 or WebOrders@bookstore.stanford.org