No tickets are required
Gates open at 8:00 AM
Procession begins at 9:30 AM*
Ceremony begins at 10:00 AM
*Ceremony participants report at 8:30 AM. Please refer to the ceremony instruction links on the student and faculty pages for complete details.
Degrees will be conferred; however, no diplomas will be awarded at this ceremony. President Hennessy will address the assemblage as well as the Commencement speaker; the Cuthbertson, Gores, and Dinkelspiel awards will be presented. Please see the Diploma Ceremonies page for diploma location and distribution information.
The Commencement Keynote Speaker will be announced in early 2016.
A live webcast will be available on Sunday, June 12, beginning at 9:30 AM PDT.
Audio and Video Recordings
Recordings of the main Commencement ceremony will be available on Stanford iTunes and Stanford YouTube following the event. A link to those recordings will be added to the Commencement homepage when they are available.
General Ceremony and Event Information
For the comfort of families and guests: The following suggestions may make the Commencement ceremony more enjoyable.
- Dress for the heat; light clothing is advisable.
- Hats, visors, and sun block are highly recommended.
- Events may be located some distance from each other. Please consider wearing comfortable shoes.
- Water will be available in the Main Quadrangle for Baccalaureate and in the Stadium for the Commencement ceremony, but you may wish to bring your own water as well.
- Light refreshments will be available for purchase at the Stadium during Commencement.
- Umbrellas will not be permitted, as they block the view of other guests.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Stanford Stadium and all other indoor and outdoor spaces holding events during the weekend.
Please visit the Disability Resources section of this website or contact the Disability Access Office directly at (650) 725-0326 or email@example.com. For additional information, please visit the Office of Diversity & Access.
Security and Safety Advisory
All bags may be subject to search at all entrances to the Stadium during Commencement and at any Commencement Weekend events throughout the campus. In the interest of all guests, no large items, such as banners, posters, or umbrellas, amplification equipment, such as bullhorns or megaphones, will be allowed. No alcohol is permitted at any of the ceremonies.
Stroller Check Area
Due to safety regulations, no strollers are allowed in the seating areas of the Stadium. For your convenience, a stroller check area will be provided near Gate 3 of the Stadium.